Thursday, September 23, 2010

Old Trusties

My colander of 22 years finally bit the dust. I bought it in Berlin, Germany, shortly after we married and it's traveled all over the world since then.

Isn't it funny how you adapt to the quirks of something and don't notice as they change (many of us have a spouse or friends we could say that about : )). But this trusty old plastic colander finally developed cracks and a piece fell off.



And had to be replaced with a shiny new model.



Do you have kitchen equipment that you've had for years and years and it's always the first piece you reach for?

Hurray! I've passed 200 visits! How exciting!

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm, I have both odds and ends from days of yore... Kitchen towels my grandmother made for my Marriage Chest. Today they have holes all over, but I still use them almost daily (I did buy another set a few years back but of course they pale in comparison...). I also have a choice set of cheese slicers, bowls and butter knives going strong still, 20 odd years later...

    ReplyDelete