Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Fracking

I usually keep my blog limited to Sustainable Agriculture. But, as everyone knows, I am very opposed to Marcellus Shale Fracturing (Fracking) - a process of natural gas drilling that fractures seams in the ground for the purpose of pulling out natural gas. There have been many instances of ground water, well water, and streams being destroyed by this process. Frighteningly, the area in which I live is being treated like the next big gold rush by the oil/gas companies. I saw this on a website and had to share it:









I would like point out that I am not opposed to regular gas well drilling - it's the fracking process and the amount of wasted water and chemicals associated with it that research tells me is going to destroy our area.

No comments:

Post a Comment