Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Farmer's Market Before and After

As the season progresses we find we have less to bring to the Farmer's Market. We are working hard to keep vegetables available through the first weekend in October. I have a dream of having a small clientele that will buy leafy vegetables from me through October and November.

It's been a learning experience. I thought fresh basil would be a huge seller and I planted a lot. Surprisingly people don't buy it so much - and I sell it in huge bunches so that there's enough to make a nice pesto! Beets and acorn squash are very popular right now and I didn't plant as much as I should have.

Next year I'll plant less basil and more beets and acorn squash.



Farmer's Market Table Before:







Farmer's Market Table After:






By the way, Heather did some research and found out her bunny, Clover, is MR. Clover.



The chickens are still averaging about 5 or 6 eggs a day with an occasional 7 egg day and a very occasional 3 or 4 egg day.

No comments:

Post a Comment