Friday, August 6, 2010

Blueberry Hill

A skunk came by for a visit last night. I was watching a late night movie when I suddenly realized the skunk smell in the house was strong enough to make my eyes water. The dogs started barking their heads off and running around like they thought I was crazy enough to let them go outside!

John was away at a friend's house all day and Heather and I decided to check our bees over at the blueberry patch and pick some blueberries.





The bees were going in and out of the hive nicely, but sadly, it's not a very good season for blueberries. I don't know if the caterpillars or the frost got them, but there weren't too many left and we gleaned more than we picked this year. We finished with 8.8 pounds of blueberries for the freezer.


No comments:

Post a Comment