Monday, January 28, 2013

Bunnies Running Loose and Farmers Market 2013

Yesterday as we headed for our Farmer's Market meeting, my son thought he saw "something" hopping around the high tunnels.  He thought it might be a wild rabbit.  
Later that evening, I found out he had spent an hour chasing baby bunnies!  It appears I hadn't latched the door to their cage securely and the latch popped off and the bunnies went out to explore.  He said they could run fast!  He finally caught them by herding them underneath our large bunny cage and enticing them out with carrots and then snagging them.  
I went to look at the little criminals and the mother bunny wasn't there!  We looked for her in the dark without success and the snowy ground was covered with bunny trails that led to nowhere.
I got up this morning and went "wabbit hunting."  After poking around in little nooks and crannies I finally found momma bunny tucked up underneath our large rabbit cage.  She was no worse for the wear - just very thirsty and dirty!    

Farmer's Market 2013.  Planning has begun!  We are moving location a little bit farther away from the intersection of Rt. 6 and Rt. 44 due to heavy truck traffic causing choking exhaust fumes and enough noise that conversations have to be suspended.  Another "benefit" of fracking.  Please note the very heavy sarcasm.
We've begun to plan our Farmer's Market times and dates.  We plan on Fridays as usual and plenty of high traffic Saturdays as well!  
Much more info will be coming!



3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you found all your bunnies. I am a nerve's wreak till I find a missing animal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad everybunny was accounted for! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both. I was worried all night!

    ReplyDelete