Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Baby Bunnies Still For Sale!

I've been holding off on posting because I wanted to give my baby angora bunnies a chance to be sold. I've sold ONE so far.  It looks like I'm in the angora fleece business.  The babies are still available to buy!  


You can see the beautiful richness of their coat.

They're growing fast and have been moved from the big-enough-for-a-calf-sized dog carrier inside the house  - where they came with their mother after they were born so very naked and defenseless on a well-below freezing day - to a fresh new pen outside.  They sure did grow fast and the amount of pooh they put out increased rapidly with their size.  I cleaned the cage one and two times a day and the "odeur du bunny" still smelt somewhat strong!

Each day, when I go out to their pen, I handle these sweeties to get them used to being touched and picked up.  Its oh-so-adorable when they all stand up with their little paws on the door as they wait to see what I've brought them.  

I'm looking for a few more outside rabbit pens/hutches so that I can split the bunnies up by sex as they get older.  This spring I'm going to fence in a little bunny loafing yard so that the bunnies can have supervised time outside of their hutches.   

Hmmm.  Maybe I should take up spinning next?
(Actually, I did recently purchase a drop spindle.  I have a vision of spinning my own angora yarn and then knitting it into beautiful scarves.  I think I can create a wonderfully lush yarn from the little beauties you see in the above photos.  What a wonderful skill!) 

For more pictures/videos of the baby bunnies:  

http://www.fitzgeraldsfamilyfarm.blogspot.com/2013/01/baby-angora-bunnies-for-sale.html

Don't forget to hop on over to Frugal Days, Sustainable Ways for their weekly blog hop!










3 comments:

  1. Awwww! Supercute :) You just want to cuddle them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are sooooo adorable. Yes, I would say you should keep the precious little ones and start spinning!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great website for finding bunny rabbits in all different breeds.

    ReplyDelete