Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Sweetest Drip: The Making of Maple Syrup

I told you about a song called, "Tap Tap Thunk" in my last post.  I would love to play it for you because it's so darn cute, but it's part of a movie that my neighbor, Bryan Ianson, who lives about a mile down the road... the one who got us into the maple syrup business... made, and I don't want to take away from this great film he put together.  Here's the teaser for "The Sweetest Drip:  The Making of Maple Syrup:





This movie is not only informative, but it's darn entertaining too!  If you are interested in tapping maple trees - with bucket, bags, or tubing, you'll find out how to do it from this video.

The DVD contains chapters on: Tree Identification, Surveying the Woods, Tapping Trees, Collecting Your Sap, Boiling, Grading, Filtering, and Bottling,  The added Bonus Features teach you to make Maple Candy, Maple Lollipops, Maple Sugar, Maple Cream, and Maple Nuts.

It's 1 hr. 35 min. long in DVD format.

If you're interested in buying it, there is a "The Sweetest Drip" website.  Click here:   The Sweetest Drip

Or, I'll be happy to talk to my neighbor!

No comments:

Post a Comment