Saturday, November 5, 2011

Michael Pollan Reads Selected Excerpts from the Food Rules, Illustrated by Maira Kalman

I was first introduced to Michael Pollan when I read The Omnivore's Dilemma: A Natural History of Four Meals.  I read this at about the same time as I saw Food, Inc. and felt like I was really getting a feeling for where our food industry has gone and how it needs to change.  I was blown away!  

Pollan next wrote,  In Defense of Food: An Eater's Manifesto.  This book simplified what he wrote in The Omnivore's Dilemma and created a list of simple rules for eating and living.  

Now he has made that list of simple rules even more easy to understand in Food Rules:  An Eater's Manual, a new book beautifully and colorfully illustrated by Maira Kalman.  

I love the directness of these rules.  I have to admit that I printed and posted my favorite rule (one of which I'm terribly guilty) on my refrigerator, Food is a costly anti-depressant: Eat When You Are Hungry, Not When You Are Bored.

Please enjoy this reading of some of Pollan's rules.

P.S.  I'm not selling anything.  I just want to pass along what I enjoyed!


No comments:

Post a Comment