Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Bees Can Be Pretty Dumb!

A couple of weeks ago, we had a swarm come out of our hive over at Jennigans Auto Body.  I went and got it, boxed it up, and brought it home.  

While I was getting these bees moved and situated in their new home I got stung (right through my suit!) and had a pretty bad reaction - hives (yes, I get the irony!) from head to toe.  This has never happened before, so I'm going to have to be more careful working with the bees - no more working on my own!   

I put these bees in a beautiful hive with a nice drawn out comb of honey to entice them to get to work.  Later I came out and where where they?  Hanging in a clump from the top of our second high tunnel! 

Yup, bees can be pretty dumb.

I"ll admit, I was afraid to mess with them on my own and had to wait for Fitz to come home in a few days.  Sadly, by then, they had moved on.



All the honey a bee gathers during its lifetime doesn't sweeten its sting”
~ Italian Proverb 


Be sure to see my previous post for the challenge I've put out!

No comments:

Post a Comment