Thursday, October 21, 2010

World's Easiest Chocolate Brownie Recipe

It's a cold and rainy and there's nothing better than a pan of brownies fresh out of the oven on a day like this.  The house smells of chocolate and running the oven makes the house warm and cozy!

This recipe is as easy as a box mix and so much richer - almost like fudge.  It only dirties a couple of utensils, one bowl, and the baking pan.  Can it get any better?


The recipe used to be on the back of the Baker's Unsweetened Chocolate box and then for some completely unexplained reason was replaced with a cookie recipe.  Hence the name:


Baker's Chocolate One Bowl Brownie Recipe

4 squares unsweetened chocolate
3/4 c. (1-1/2 sticks) butter
2 c. sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. flour
1 c. chopped nuts, optional

1. Heat oven to 350-degrees

2. Microwave chocolate and butter in a large microwavable bowl at high for 2 minutes or until butter is melted.  Stir until chocolate is completely melted (this will take a minute or two).

3. Stir sugar into chocolate.  Mix in eggs and vanilla until well blended.  Stir in flour and nuts (I never add nuts - they get in the way of the chocolate!).  Spread in a greased 13 x 9 inch pan.

4. Bake 30 - 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with fudgy crumbs.  Cool in pan (cool? - ha ha!); cut into squares.  Makes 24 fudgy brownies (24? - ha ha again!).



Enjoy!  And remember... I always love to hear how you liked, or if you disliked, a recipe!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sharron I have only two precious boxes of your unsweetened bakers chocolate left my husband purchase d them in the US for me almost 10 years ago I'm using up the last for my daughter s 21 St birthday am I able to purchase it in Australia and or on the internet I'm not computer savvy and am wondering how I've even got to this page and message thank-you Natalie Fenech

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom always made these and everyone thought she was some sort of gourmet cook. These brownies are so far superior to any boxed mix on the market. Thanks for saving this recipe!

    ReplyDelete