Friday, August 13, 2010

Farmer's Market Prep

Due to a sick child I wasn't able to make the pickles as I intended. I spent plenty of time today getting prepared for the Farmer's Market which myself and a few other folks will be attending. I put together my vegetable price list and will be picking vegetables VERY early tomorrow morning.

Here are my prices for locally grown, chemical pesticide and fertilizer free, vegetables.

Beans:
Green $2.50/qt.
Yellow $2.25/qt.
Basil $3.00/bunch
Dill $2.00/bunch
Mixed Summer Squashes $.50 each or 3 for $1.00
Chives $2.00/bunch
Baby beets $1.50/bunch (about 8)
Cukes 2 for $1.00
Mint $2.00/bunch

Wish me luck!

Did you know that vinegar is a natural weed killer?
I can attest to this as I have brown patches in my lawn where John created baking soda and vinegar "volcanoes" in a bottle and it overflowed onto the grass. Pour white vinegar in a spray bottle and use it in place of chemical weed killers. It doesn't persist in the environment like the chemicals do.

6 eggs - better

No comments:

Post a Comment