Yesterday we had a sapalooza!
I collected collected 850 gallons of sap and the person from whom we're buying sap delivered 175 gallons. I wish I had taken pictures, but throughout the day it literally down-poured and I just wanted to get the job done!
One of our sap collection points gets very, very muddy. I feared that the rain would make the area impassable, but I managed to get in and out (though saying prayers under my breath the whole way as I drove with 300 gallons - about 2500 pounds - of sap sloshing around on the back of the truck!)
At the other pick up site, I put the hose into the tank in the back of the truck and it popped out as I started pumping. It literally looked like a fire hose of sap going up into the air! I very quickly turned off the pump and got the hose back in.
This is yesterday's photo, but you can see how the collection tank is set up in the back of the truck.
After I got the sap home I ran as much as I could through the reverse osmosis machine and fired up the evaporator to get the sap boiling.
Successfully boiled and drawn off maple syrup