Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Rechargeable Batteries Are The Way To Go

When Christmas shopping, you sometimes find that you just can't get around buying a gift that requires batteries.  

So you see those big packs of batteries are on sale and grab a pack.  

Stop!

You'll find yourself replacing those spent batteries every time you go to play with your new toy!

Instead, grab a pack of rechargeable batteries and and a battery charger.  



I found myself replacing the 4-AA batteries in my older camera every couple of weeks.  I'm terribly guilty of forgetting to turn it off and it was eating batteries!  So I thought I would kick in the extra money for rechargeable batteries and a charger.  

I'm sure glad I did!  I've recharged this same set of batteries at least 15 times and they're still going strong.  I've much, much more than made up the cost of buying new batteries.  The rechargeable batteries seem to last much longer in the camera and I haven't had to find a way to get rid of all those toxic, spent batteries.  

The charger I have works for both AA and AAA batteries.  You plug it into the wall and when the lights go out your batteries are charged.  I found mine in the big box store back by the electronics section.  Different brands cost between $11 and $15 for the charger and four batteries.  

These rechargeable batteries work so well for me that I plan to never buy regular batteries again!    



1 comment:

  1. My dh would totally agree with you on the title of this post.

    Have a blessed Christmas.

    ReplyDelete