Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Growing Season 2020


Many people were concerned about my bees and thought that they had died.  That wasn't the case.  I worry that the cumulative loads of poisons introduced into the hive can eventually kill it.  So far they are hanging on. 

It's so fun when you finally begin harvesting from your own garden.  We've eaten farm fresh eggs, garlic scapes, sugar snap peas, strawberries, and cherries, as fresh as can be.  




We have so many eggs that I've set up a self-serve cooler at the end of my driveway!




And we're practically minutes from summer squash and cucumbers making their way to our plates!







But the growing season is not only about a feast for the stomach... it is also about a feast for the eyes!







Oh, How I Love Summer
by Susan M. Gilbert

Though May did bring her deepest grey 
And June did bring her gloom,
I woke this morn in a glorious way
To Sunshine in my room.

Quick, get up,
It's time to rise.
Greet the day.
I started to cry.

For today,
It has begun.
It's finally here,
The summer sun!

Feel her warmth,
See my garden grow,
Taste the sweetest fruits,
Watch the butterflies flow.

Hear the squirrels chatter
And my orioles swoon
Till the evening comes
With the summer moon.

It seems like I've waited
Such a very long time,
Longing for the light of
Your rays of sunshine.

So please stay a while.
Bring your long, lazy days.
I'll cherish each blue sky
And ride every wave.

Oh, how I love summer
And all of her songs,
Happy summer to all,
And may it be long!

Source: https://www.familyfriendpoems.com/poem/oh-how-i-love-summer









No comments:

Post a Comment