Tuesday, August 30, 2011

More Tomato Canning

I recently made a bunch of quarts of finished spaghetti sauce and I'm canning more tomato sauce today.  My family will sure be getting their lycopene this winter!


I'm still in love with my very handy Squeezo Strainer.  Mine is hand cranked.  You can buy motorized versions, but I just like the old-timey-ness of hand cranking.  


Today I'm cooking and canning a BIG pot of sauce!


And the pigs get the squeezin's (which they squeal for!)


This afternoon we're picking beans for blanching and freezing and I'm going to dehydrate some grated zucchini. 

Anyone who has a library and a garden wants for nothing.
~ Cicero


Other than family, friends, and health, how very, very true....


  



1 comment:

  1. I would love to have a Squeezo! Makes it look so easy to process those gorgeous tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete