Friday, July 15, 2011

CSA Cancelled

I am so bummed that I had to write this e-mail to my CSA members.

Hello all,


I am so very sorry to write this, but I am going to have to cancel the Fitzgerald Family Farm CSAs.  I have found, with the drought that we've been having, that my garden is just not growing as well as it needs to and the dry weather is creating intense insect pressure (leaving me with unappealing produce).  I would like to water much more than I am, but I fear that if I do, my well will run dry!  So, I have not been getting the volume of produce that I expected to get.  My number one priority with this CSA is that I want to give you good value for your money and I don't feel that I have been, or will be able to, do that in the near future.  I would rather cancel the CSA than have you come away unhappy from the experience.


I will refund you the CSA amount you have paid, minus $30.00 for the four weeks.  Please e-mail me if you would like to pick up a check at the Farmer's Market on Saturday, or if you would like me to mail it to you.


I will still be setting up my stand at the Coudersport Farmer's Market on Saturdays from 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.  As my valued customers, you will receive 10% off your purchases from my stand for the 2011 season.


I have SO enjoyed meeting every one of you.  I hope that I will see you at my Farmer's Market stand on Saturdays!


Hope for rain!


Sharon Fitzgerald
Fitzgerald's Family Farm, LLC


Since June 1st, the weather channel reports that Coudersport has received 2.64 inches of rain - and I know there were a few rain showers in there that didn't touch my dusty little patch!  Looking at the forecast, the most immediate relief we may receive is on July 17, 18, and 19 with 30 and 40-percent chances of rain.  

My commitment is to a high standard of quality with my CSA.  I prefer to bring what great produce I can  to the Coudersport Farmer's Market so that my customers can buy what they want, rather than give them sub standard goods!


Life on a farm is a school of patience; you can’t hurry the crops or make an ox in two days.
                                                          ~ Henri Alain

No comments:

Post a Comment