Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Egg A Palooza!

There has been so much going on that I haven't had time to post my blogs.  I'm happy to be back!

My chickens have taken off running in the egg laying marathon.  We're getting 19 to 22 eggs each day with a record breaking 25 eggs laid on one day.




There are  only so many ways you can serve eggs before your family revolts and I would like to make the chickens pay for their own feed, so I'm happy to announce that my "eggs for sale" sign has gone back up!

I made this sign last year and regular customers began showing up.  It's a win/win situation.  I make a little bit of money with my eggs and they get phenomenally good eggs at a decent price!

First, the signs needed a little freshening up after spending a winter thrown in the corner.




Then I put the big sign out by the main road.  When it's open I have plenty of eggs and when it's closed I'm out - which doesn't happen too often!



Then I put a little sign by the end of my driveway.



C'mon up and ring the bell!

No comments:

Post a Comment