Sunday, March 20, 2016

Planting Crocuses (Or Croci - Either Is Correct)


The honeybees have been making forays out into the bleak, bleak, grey and brown world of very early spring.  I feel so bad for them because there is just nothing for them out there - until I noticed this busy little honeybee on one of my crocus.  



I know it's important to feed the bees in the spring, but it must be so completely satisfying for them to be able to bring back something natural to the hive.  This honeybee forager is fulfilling her role in life!  

So, I vowed that this spring, I will plant many, many more crocuses, daffodils, tulips, and other early-spring blooming flowers, just so these poor, hardworking bees can fulfill their destiny!

I'm looking forward to the emergence of the smiling faces of the first dandelions and the abundance they bring to the unfortunate bees!  









No comments:

Post a Comment