Monday, January 27, 2014

White Out Conditions Called


The kids don't often get days off from school around here.  This morning a two hour delay was announced for "white out conditions." 






These photos are from my front and back windows.  I'd say the two hour delay was a good call.  

While drinking my morning coffee I morosely contemplate the sideways blowing snow.  "Oh boy, I'll be going out in that in a few minutes," I think.

To be fully prepared and I pull out my "really bad weather" gear.  

Hat, scarf, heavy padded Shmidt coat, and Schmidt overalls, heavy gloves, and snow boots.  I'm prepared for the snow and especially wind.  


The wind froze enough to make me turn away and cover my face.  I quickly found that all the clothing's extra weight and slogging through the deep snow actually made me too warm!  

In the depth of winter I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer.
~Albert Camus







No comments:

Post a Comment