Thursday, September 6, 2012

Yummy, Super Simple, Homemade Ice Cream

Five Minute Ice Cream RecipeI found this yummy, and oh, so simple, ice cream recipe on Allrecipes.com yesterday.  It's very flavorful, refreshing, and delicious!


5 Minute Ice Cream

10 ounces frozen sliced strawberries
1/2 cup sugar
2/3 cup heavy cream

Directions

Combine the frozen strawberries and sugar in a food processor or blender. Process until the fruit is roughly chopped. With the processor running, slowly pour in the heavy cream until fully incorporated. Serve immediately, or freeze for up to one week.

I found the sugar to be a little bit grainy and I think the next time I make it I would put the sugar and 1/2 the heavy cream in first and process it for a few seconds to help dissolve the sugar.  Then I would add the sliced strawberries ( I used a frozen rasberry, strawberry, and blueberry mixture), chop them, and finally the last of the heavy cream.

In the comments of this recipe people talked about using frozen peaches and other fruits. They would all be amazing!

I think this tastes more like a really rich sorbet than an ice cream and it's sooooo tasty!

Click here to see the actual recipe page on www.allrecipes.com.

P.S.  I would love to know what fruits you use and what changes you make to this recipe!






2 comments:

  1. To get around the grainy sugar try sweetened condensed milk instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, this sounds absolutely fantastic. We've been talking about an ice cream maker to round out all the lovely dairy products we get from our goats. Definitely sounds like the sugar has to be dissolved. I wonder if that's why traditional ice cream mixes are cooked to a custard like consistency before being cooled and churned in the ice cream maker.

    ReplyDelete